I’ve been considering writing a bucket list post for some time now, so when I heard about the AliKats’ bucket list challenge I decided that now was as good a time as any to finally get my list written!
I’m about as optimistic as a person can be, but I’m also a realist. I have limited funds and limited annual leave and these things combine to seriously curtail my travel dreams.
Add to this my dodgy back following my serious snowboarding accident and reality dictates that I’m not going to be making it up to Everest Base Camp any time soon, well, ever really.
For many years I dreamed about visiting the wilds of Patagonia or cruising on an icebreaker in the Arctic, so whilst It’s fair to say I still have lofty dreams and ambitions and a lengthy “If I won the lottery” bucket list, I’ve tried to make my list as realistically attainable as possible.
Don’t get me wrong there are still heaps of places I want to see and loads of things I want to do, hundreds probably, but I know full well, that many of them are never going to happen, so for now, I’ll keep those on a separate list in my head, awaiting that lottery win.
To put my bucket list into perspective, I thought I’d also include a list of things I’ve already ticked off the list that until now, had lived exclusively in my imagination.
Bucket List Things I’ve Already Done
- Snowboard down an Olympic black run
- Go sea kayaking
- Go white water rafting
- Ride a horse on the beach
- Go on a yoga retreat
- Hike up a mountain on my own
- Camp in the middle of winter
- Dive in the Red Sea
- Dive in the Indian Ocean
- Get PADI certified
- Go Alpaca trekking
- Walk up Snowdon
- Swim with sharks in the wild
- Naturally encounter a sea turtle in the wild
- Visit Tintagel
- Drink Champagne in a wood-fired hot tub under the stars
- Conquer my fear of heights and learn to climb
- Go wild swimming
- Travel by seaplane
- Go down a zip wire
- Kayak down the Ardèche
- Go quad biking in the Sahara desert
- Ride a camel
- Haggle in a souk in Marrakech
- Rock up to a ferry terminal with my passport and suitcase without a plan
- Dive in a marine nature reserve
Bucket List Things I Haven’t Done Yet
- Go canoeing & wild camping in Canada
- Stay in a secluded forest somewhere random in Eastern Europe
- Do a rainforest trek in Costa Rica
- Encounter Orangutans in Borneo
- Dive with Manta Rays and/or Whale Sharks in the wild
- Go wild camping in Scotland
- Hike up a mountain early enough to watch the sunrise from the peak
- Return to Whistler in Canada to snowboard on my favourite mountain in the world
- Go on a campervan road trip around New Zealand
- Visit the Orkney Islands
- Photograph a Toucan in the wild
- Visit the Shwedagon Pagoda in Burma, where my grandmother grew up
- Visit Kingston in Jamaica where my biological father was born
- Travel to Scotland on the Caledonian sleeper train
- See Aurora Borealis
- Dive in a ceonte in Mexico
- Float in an isolation tank
- Do yoga in Goa
- Hurtle down the world’s longest zip wire
- Visit Zanzibar just because it sounds exotic
- Snowboard in Breckenridge
- Visit a geothermal spa
- Jump into an ice bath
- Take a scenic train journey through the Alps
- Go glamping in a treehouse
- See a live lava flow in Hawaii
So there you have it, I’ve finally put my bucket list down in writing and I can’t wait to see how many more adventures I’ll get to check off my list over the coming years!
Where to next?
- Last Minute Marrakech Adventure & Quad Biking In The Sahara
- Solo Snowboarding In The Alps – A Wonderful Week in La Plagne
- Discovering The Ultimate 5* Luxury Beach Holiday At The TRS Yucatan in Mexico
- Live Your Best Travel Life. How to Stop Making Excuses & Travel More
- 10 Reasons Why Whistler Blackcomb in Canada is Awesome (& You Should Totally Go There)
Be sure to visit UnexploredPodcast.com and connect with us on social below.
Hear the Unexplored Podcast at any of the below…